Sunday, November 30, 2008

Now, lets see, where to pick things up at. My last post was at the top of November. Nearly a full month has gone by. There MUST be something to write about! But, for most parts, it's been very quiet for me. (Thank goodness, I guess.) Well, quiet until the last four days.

Thanksgiving! More food at my Nephew and his wife's house then I care to remember. Oh, I think I over did it. Then a a funeral for the Father of a dear long time friend on Friday, plus MORE food at the church after the funeral service. Then the interment, followed by still MORE food. It was nice seeing a lot of folks from WAY back that I don't get to see much of anymore. I only wise it had been for a happier reason then a funeral. But we all talked, had some good laughs and a few tears. I kind of held up in my house all day Saturday, not wanting to eat to much. Really, that's how I felt.

On Sunday morning, (today) I got the photo bug real bad and went out and shot pictures all day, and into the evening. Early morning light at Wocus Bay on Upper Klamath Lake. Highway 140 runs right along the side of the lake with out any guard rails. In the summer, when the lake is full, the water comes nearly to the road. It can get a little scarry. One wrong turn of the wheel and, "Ker-Plunk," right in the lake.

20 Minutes latter, up in the Cascade Mountains near Lake of the Woods, the world closed in with a deep fog rolling through the forest. It became very moody.

On the bridge, crossing over the Klamath River at Keno, Oregon. It's always so peaceful here.

On old highway 62 now, West of Keno. Looking down on some of the rapids in the Klamath River. Nearby are small groves of coast redwood trees. The fartest in from the coast that anyone knows about. (The coast is about 150 miles due West, as the Crow flies.) But you need to know where to look for the groves.

That is the grain silo at Worden, Oregon, with Mt. Shasta behind it. At 14,167 feet, it's one of the tallest mountains in the lower 48 states. From where this photo was taken, I was still about 50 miles away from it.

Okay, I passed this sign and HAD to come back and look at it again. I've seen lots of, "Deer," "Elk," "Moose," etc., crossing signs in my day. But I've never seen a "Farmer" crossing sign before. I just thought it was funny.


Here's proof that Klamath is getting ready for Christmas and the hoildays. This is Main St., Klamath Falls, U.S.A. It's not normally this quiet. It is a Sunday night.

Klamath Falls at night. The picture is a little fuzzy becasue I had to hand hold it and the tempature was just about at the freezing mark. Burrrrrrr, cold! Next time, I'll take my tripod with me. Theres a lot more of town to the left and right of the photo.
It was a day well worth going out and taking phtographs. The above are but a small sample of what I shot for the day. Over all, I'd say the weekend was basicly a good one. Even with a funeral mixed into and all.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Hey Dad! Once again the photos look great! I miss going on those road trips with you. It looked like you had fun bouncing all over. Thanks for sharing the images, it was nice to feel at home, even if it was only for a moment. Love you bunches!!!