Monday, November 10, 2008

Ah, Yes. The games afoot!

All right, now to get down to it. My daughter set up this blog page for me and even made the first entree on my behalf, to get me started. Now, from here on it's all up to me, and the world! To tell the truth, I have little, if no idea, what I'm doing here. I've heard of blogs for the last number of years, but never gotten into them. I've never felt the need. BUT! On seeing my daughter's blog and what she has posted, I guess I can get into them. Well, I'll try at the lest.

First off, I'm a poor speller. Spell checkers on computers hate me. But I do try to get it right. So forgive my blogs messed up spelling from time to time. Thank you very much.

I live in one of the places of the world that has been blessed by nature. The Cascade Mountains of Southern Oregon. There are miles and miles of forests all around me. Dotted with patches of high desert. Oh, and I must state, lots of volcanoes all around. Thou, thank goodness, none are active. I hope it stays that way. But I do benefit from those same volcanoes. The heat from them, heats my home in the winter. I have a geothermal well, that pumps up hot water from deep underground, and that water heats my home and four others near by. Then we pump the water back into the ground to keep the system charged. So, I guess you can say, I have a kind-a "green" house. Green as in carbon footprint green. My house was built LONG before thinking and being green was a trend. The house was built back in the late 1920's. It's been green since then. Oh, I guess you could say, that the better part of Main St. and buildings all around the area are green. We heated shops, stores and homes all over. Why, even or side walks down town are heated and they never build up snow or ice. That's cool. Schools, Museums, Government buildings and more are heated that way. (Gee, I'm starting to sound like a commercial for geo heating.) Down on the south side of town, there are huge green houses that grow pine saplings by the millions, in perfect conditions because of the geo heating systems. Those saplings are used to replace the trees that logging takes up in the mountains. I think the basic rule is that for every tree they cut down, they plant four or five new ones. The system works. There are plans for a geo-powered, electric plant here as well. Totally green!!!

I could go on, but this is my first blog and I don't want to bore you. I'll post a few photos and stuff, as soon as I start figuring out how this blog site works. So, I'll leave you with something to think about:

People are judged not on the basis of what they have done, but on the basis of what they are perceived to have done.

Think about it.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Wahoo! Your first "real" blog entry! I'm so proud! *sob* *sniff* Keep up the good work Popoolie! Love you!